Bench did not move the way I would have liked today. When things aren't working out the way they are supposed to, then it's time to adapt. Rather than letting a negative mentality get the best of me, I just switched up the rep scheme and finished off the workout. Can't be a big weenie with the meet so close. 🎈230x2x3
🎈230x3x2 50 ♡ 4 ✍
When your parents come back from England and bring back all of the treats 🇬🇧 🙈 makes me feel like I’m back in the UK 😝 thank god summer is over amirite 😋 I don’t know why but English chocolate tastes 1000 times better 👌🏻 does anyone else agree with me ⁉️ 34 ♡ 1 ✍
#FitTipTuesday Loving yourself is very important when trying to reach your fitness goals. Self love is about loving who you are, all of you - flaws, mistakes and all. When you feel your mind with negative energy, you make yourself physically ill! When you compare and stress yourself to others in a different path in their journey, it increases the hormone cortisol. High levels of cortisol makes is harder to lose weight especially in the mid section 😧
I want you to be able to reach your goals and these tips for self-love by Deborah Khoshaba is a good place to start 😊
Prescription for Self-Love by Deborah Khoshaba, Psy.D.
1. Become mindful. People who have more self-love tend to know what they think, feel and want. They are mindful of who they are and act on this knowledge, rather than on what others want for them.
2. Act on what you need rather than what you want. You love yourself when you can turn away from something that feels good and exciting to what you need to stay strong, centered, and moving forward in your life, instead. By staying focused on what you need, you turn away from automatic behavior patterns that get you into trouble, keep you stuck in the past, and lessen self-love.
3. Practice good self-care. You will love yourself more, when you take better care of your basic needs. People high in self-love nourish themselves daily through healthy activities, like sound nutrition, exercise, proper sleep, intimacy and healthy social interactions.
4. Set boundaries. You’ll love yourself more when you set limits or say no to work, love, or activities that deplete or harm you physically, emotionally and spiritually, or express poorly who you are.
5. Protect yourself. Bring the right people into your life. I love the term frenemies that I learned from my younger clients. It describes so well the type of “friends” who take pleasure in your pain and loss rather than in your happiness and success. My suggestion to you here: Get rid of them! There isn’t enough time in your life to waste on people who want to take away the shine on your face that says, “I genuinely love myself and life”. You will love and respect yourself more. 20 ♡ 3 ✍
-My comfort zone is like a little bubble around me, and I've pushed it in different directions and made it bigger and bigger until these objectives that seemed totally crazy eventually fall within the realm of the possible. 🕯🔮✨ 33 ♡ 4 ✍
-May those who follow their fate be granted happiness; may those who defy it be granted glory. 🏆🙅🏻♂️🏆 26 ♡ 3 ✍
Feel free to like, tag, share & comment 🏋
FOLLOW 👉 @_fitness_ladies_ 👈 for fitness videos & pics
Hashtag #_fitness_ladies_ in your captions for a possible feature 22 ♡ 3 ✍