Back to Basics • Watercolor Brush Test
When it comes to learning how to paint, I really think proper brush care should always be the first topic to cover. Eventually, as you practice you'll learn more about proper control and discover techniques that will suit your style. I am still learning and here's a quick share on how I do my watercolor brush test and my basic preferences for what I call a "good brush".
1) Clean Shaping. A charged or wet brush should have a needle point for rounds and a perfectly even shape and edge for flats. No stray hairs along the side.
2) Large Capacity. I get really frustrated whenever a brush dries up really quickly, a good one can hold a generous amount.
3) Consistent Release. A wet brush should have a steady, continuous flow. Control is difficult for watercolor but it helps when the brush is a little cooperative.
4) Release variations. For every angle change, the brush should be able to move with you. With practice, you will be able to observe that vertically angled strokes decreases fluid release, when you shift sideways coverage increases.
5) Crisp Lining (Edging). It is highly preferable if the brush can be versatile. I like that it can be applied both for basic washes and details.
6) Shedding. This is so frustrating if it happens during painting. The lose hairs can add an interesting effect though but this is a sure sign of "poor quality"
Most versatile would be Raphael Mop Brush 3/0 and Silver Ultra Mini #14. Surprisingly, Raphael Precision brush #2 holds enough water. These are my top 3 favorite brushes. Tokyo Finds Waterbrush pens are impressive enough when used properly. I am giving it props for durability. Daler Rowney #2 needs to go I was a little frustrated that brush dries up quickly and cannot deliver on consistent release. I can still patiently use it but I really think it helps when brush line-up are streamlined. Princeton Snap! Round brush #10, for me is very limiting and will probably use only for workshop wash demo or large scale painting. 0 ♡ 0 ✍
✅Tacones👡✨ Excelente calidad!! ⭕Aprovecha⭕💯Por solo: $48.000👠📲 @by.anggyshoes ✔Estamos ubicados en C.C Navarra en San Luis y en la calle 9#14-82 San Miguel Cúcuta🌐 Más información comunícate 316 828 55 76📲 Te esperamos‼️ 0 ♡ 0 ✍
Yesterday was so dope this team is truly amazing cant wait to show you guys the outcome ❤️
📸PhotogrApher : @mrguerra629 👗Styled by : @blu_gem_ 💄Mua : @mariposa_makeup 📽🚁🖥Video team : @mrod.media & @lmkmedia 830 ♡ 63 ✍
"I was driving back on Saturday afternoon from the beach, and I just saw this sign saying 'Skydiving for $95.' And I was like, I can't not sky dive for $95," says Tom Bateman about a moment in Hawaii while shooting "Snatched." #wwdeye (📷: @victoriastevens; Interview by @ktauer; Styled by @thealexbadia) 654 ♡ 2 ✍
Since production of @BigBangTheory_cbs Season 11 just started, I decided to do a vlog about my favorite episode from the past 7 seasons I've been on! Check out the teaser and head over to my channel to see the full video! (Link in bio) 2917 ♡ 47 ✍
It's so dissapointing that there isn't a UK Title match at Takeover Brooklyn III. Last time UK title match not only steal the show but that match was probably the best WWE MOTY. I'd say UK title match needs to happen at every Takeover, because it’ll steal the show every time. 27 ♡ 1 ✍
"A última vez que vim com peça ao Recife foi com Lisbela e o Prisoneiro", confira em nossa seção de vídeos o bate-papo sobre a peça "História de Nós 2", carreira e a passagem pelo Recife: www.robertajungmann.com.br 14 ♡ 0 ✍